Tackers - Learn To Sail
Tackers is a fun, introductory, games-based sailing program designed for kids aged 7-12 years, delivered at recognised Tackers Clubs. Kids don’t need to have any sailing experience or Club membership to participate. Life jackets and boats are provided. Cost $350 or $250 for RYCT members + $18.50 Australian Sailing booking fee.
To register the child for the Tackers course, click on the course link under sign up, then click register on the Tackers page. If the child dose not have an Australian Sailing number click on Sign up under Submit on the Tackers registration page and follow the steps to sign up the child for the course, this will give them an Australian Sailing number.
Tackers 1 Tuesday 11 Apr – Friday 14 Apr 2023 9:30am-3pm. Click Here
Tackers 2, Tuesday 11 Apr – Friday 14 Apr 2023 9:30am-3pm. Click Here
ABOUT THE PROGRAM...
Tackers 1 – Having Fun Includes…
- Boat Handling (capsizing, steering, avoiding collisions, basic sailing);
- Rules & Safety (life jackets, rescue drills, an understanding basic right of way rules);
- Sailing Theory (wind direction, wind strength, basic sailing theory, care of boats on the water.)
Tackers 2 – Tricks And Techniques Includes…
- Boat Handling (sailing upwind, gybing safely, use the tiller extension, downwind sailing with centreboard up)
- Rules & Safety (capsize and recover unassisted, demonstrate rules of the road)
- Sailing Theory & Background (rig your boat, more sailing terminology, wind awareness)
What To Bring?
Wetsuit if you have one otherwise clothes you don’t mind getting wet, cap, enclosed shoes, towel, change of spare clothes, lunch and a water bottle. Life Jackets, sunscreen and boats are provided.
In Tackers 1 – Having Fun, kids sail in pairs in small boats. It’s a great way to meet new friends and kids have the chance to sail with others in their group.
The next stage is Tackers 2 – Tricks & Techniques, when kids are confident they can sail a boat on their own with lots of support, supervision and encouragement from the Instructor and Assistant Instructors. Tackers 2 often follows the completion of Tackers 1, but can be a start point for children with some sailing experience.
For more information email email@example.com
$350per course for non-members
$250 for RYCT members