Tackers - Learn To Sail
Tackers is a fun, introductory, games-based sailing program designed for kids aged 7-12 years, delivered at recognised Tackers Clubs. Kids don’t need to have any sailing experience or Club membership to participate. Life jackets and boats are provided.
The cost is $350 for a non member or $250 for RYCT members + $21.00 Australian Sailing booking fee.
To register for the Tackers course:
- Click on the “Click Here” links below, for the dates you want to book for.
- Then Click Register on the page that opens up.
- If the child does not have an Australian Sailing Number, scroll down on the booking page and click “Sign Up” and then follow the steps to sign up the child for an Australian Sailing Number and then you will be able to sign them up for the Tackers Course.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM...
Tackers 1 – Having Fun Includes…
- Boat Handling (capsizing, steering, avoiding collisions, basic sailing);
- Rules & Safety (life jackets, rescue drills, an understanding basic right of way rules);
- Sailing Theory (wind direction, wind strength, basic sailing theory, care of boats on the water.)
Tackers 2 – Tricks And Techniques Includes…
- Boat Handling (sailing upwind, gybing safely, use the tiller extension, downwind sailing with centreboard up)
- Rules & Safety (capsize and recover unassisted, demonstrate rules of the road)
- Sailing Theory & Background (rig your boat, more sailing terminology, wind awareness)
What To Bring?
Wetsuit if you have one otherwise clothes you don’t mind getting wet, cap, enclosed shoes, towel, change of spare clothes, lunch and a water bottle. Life Jackets, sunscreen and boats are provided.
In Tackers 1 – Having Fun, kids sail in pairs in small boats. It’s a great way to meet new friends and kids have the chance to sail with others in their group.
The next stage is Tackers 2 – Tricks & Techniques, when kids are confident they can sail a boat on their own with lots of support, supervision and encouragement from the Instructor and Assistant Instructors. Tackers 2 often follows the completion of Tackers 1, but can be a start point for children with some sailing experience.
For more information email email@example.com
$350 per course for non-members
$250 for RYCT members